Wednesday, August 27, 2008

First day of school,

Was very GOOD!

Like what a good friend of mine told me "your interpretation of how bad something is is only as bad as how bad you describe it".

I told myself I would have a great day today. Even though I was clinging onto Alex's arm and whining and complaining when the morning bell rang for class.

But I told myself class wouldn't be bad.

I have friends in all of my classes. Except algebra II and Art. But I have aquaintances in those classes. I'll just have to get to know them better.

There was this girl in my Alg.II class that was in my Geometry class last year and I was debating whether to say hi or not to her. So I was like hrmm.. OH WELL TAMMIE. JUST DO IT. JUST DO IT. SAY SOMETHING. MAKE A FRIEND. So I turned around and *smiled* YOU WERE IN MY GEOMETRY CLASS LAST YEAR!! She smiled and then I turned around. It went well. Yes, excellent. Self-Confidence Boost +1 POINT!

I shall become closer with some people. Since I am NO LONGER AFRAID!!

FIGHT!!!! *pumps fist into air* Hecka yes.

I will slowly climb the ladder of SELF-CONFIDENCE.

I was sitting there in first period wondering how exactly people could have so much self-confidence. Was it all of the positive influences they had when they were small kids? Their really high self-esteem?

Something that happened that made them gain this high self-esteem?

It makes me wonder... I read in a magazine article a few years ago.
About how kids grow to have such high self-esteem and self-confidence. It was because as a child their parents were their positive and encouraging influences as they were growing. And their parents played and interacted with them often.

When I was a kid I never really had any of those because my parents were always busy working. They weren't much of encouraging and positive people either... But it's okay. I guess I can understand why. Now it's just up to me to change my self and way of thinking. SELF-IMPROVEMENT! YAY!

I was at Barnes and Noble today.
I went around to search for this self-help optimism positivity book thing that my friend had bought a few months ago. But I couldn't find it. So after awhile of searching around for other books I couldn't find any. So, I went downstairs and looked at the little mini book rack while waiting for my sister to pay for her book. Then I saw a little book that caught my eye,

"Ever tried. Ever failed.
No matter. TRY AGAIN.
FAIL AGAIN. FAIL BETTER."

a silver linings book

I was like OOOOH, this book looks very umm.. inspirational and motivating.
So I grabbed it and bought it. I just took a quick look inside of it just now and wow. Very VERY interesting stuff. Too bad it's a small tiny little book. It was filled with really interesting quotes from the successful people of this century and past century. I am not sure if it's just me or not, but I really do enjoy reading little quotes and absorbing them and apply them to my life. The positive ones of course. But seriously, a sentence can really have a HUGE IMPACT on me. Is that normal? Or am I just too sensitive and get influenced too easily?
Well, any way, at least I am easily influenced by GOOD AND BENEFICIAL things and not harmful things. So I guess it's a good thing!

Here are some quotes that I found VERY INTERESTING:

"You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you." - Walt Disney.

Walt Disney went bankrupt. Several times.

"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Edison

Thomas Edison experimented with over 6,000 materials to use as a filament in a light bulb before he found the one that worked.

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly."
- Robert F. Kennedy

"Always do what you are afraid to do." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Simple but meaningful quotes like these are like most of the positive influences in my life!
Thanks to all of the people who have struggled but continued on persevering and gaining themselves and their name enough success to have their quotes memorized and written down into books. (Did I even word that correctly? Well, you all get what I mean.)

I am going to continue building myself up. One step at a time.

Cheers to a new year of school.

I am having a feeling that this school year will go by EXTREMELY FAST.
And so will the next year but even faster.

Soon, we will all be in college and soon after wards pursuing our careers and accomplishing our dreams.

Everything will come by sooner than we'd all think.

~DT

0 comments: