Thursday, August 7, 2008

Dearest Little Honey Bee,

Who had fallen into the ceramic white bowl filled with pepper and fish
sauce. My father was the first to have noticed you and took the bowl and
set you aside onto the table beside us. I watched you climb out of the
bowl and crawl around a bit. Your poor wings were damp from the sticky
sauce. You must've felt irritated and frustrated. I watched you for a
couple of minutes and then remembered that you and your friends were
quickly disappearing in masses. Which creates a chain of dreadful
events.

You and your little friends pollinate and help produce one thirds of our
natural food supply. You also help pollinate the flowers which brings
the world more color and beauty. Without you, little friends of our
planets, the world wouldn't look as pretty or have as much things to
eat.

After staring at you struggling around your helpless self for a bit, I
decided to bring you outside where you are more safe and could hopefully
dry up more quickly and fly back home to your colony.
I quickly folded a napkin and brought it next to you so you could climb
up onto it. So it would be easier for me to carry you outside. You were
a bit hesitant atfirst but after I nudged you a bit you climbed upon the
napkin. I quickly ran to the door of the restaurant and rushed to the
nearest bush. I set the napkin onto the bush and I tried to get you off
of the napkin. But you were clinging on, it seems as though you would
like to stay on the napkin but that is out of the question. I had to
wriggle the napkin a bit for you to finally come off. You fell somewhere
into the bush.

I hope you are able to survive little friend.

Mm... you make me feel better about myself.

I, thank you for making my day.

~DT

We should all spread the awareness of the disappearance of these beloved little bees.

For more information about this:

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2007/02/070223-bees.html

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2007/09/070906-bee-virus.html

An interesting commercial site sponsored and made by Häagen-Dazs:

http://www.helpthehoneybees.com/

0 comments: