Saturday, October 4, 2008

The 6th Grader Who Could Never,

open her p.e. locker.

As she was struggling with the lock, a girl with strawberry blonde hair
seeing the little girl badly struggling asked if the girl needed any
help. The struggling girl looked up in surprise and gladly accepted her
offer of help. As she watched the strawberry girl open the lock with
such ease she gratefully thanked her.

This same routine continued on for the rest of the year. The little girl
never got how to open her locker. Except on those random rare special
occasions. Sad isn't it?

One day though as that little girl was out side during lunch in the
fields playing with her friends she saw the strawberry blonde girl
standing in the middle of the field alone. The little girl pranced over
to the strawberry blonde and with great perkiness and enthusiasm, asked
if she would like to join her and her friends in their little games.

They became great friends during their middle school years. Highschool
came by and they drifted apart. But that's okay! They both had a great
time and learned many new things.

Oh wait, I forgot if I asked the girl to help open my locker or if she
was the one who offered me her help. It's both good both ways.

I was suppose to blog about this last week because I kept on
experiencing it and realized what great joy it is for me to receive such
things.

What I appreciate the most are the random acts of kindness people do for
me. It makes me glow and feel so great!

For example, if someone does one little thing for me that I don't even
ask for like, grab me my notebook that they found as they were getting
their own notebook.

Yes I know that's normal. But it really surprises me and absolutely
makes my day so much better. Especially when they are strangers or not
so aquainted aquaintances. It sometimes also really puzzles me. I find
myself questioning why anyone would do that for me. And sometimes my
paranoid side comes out and I become suspicious.

Since there arn't much nice people out there these days and most of the
time, when people are being nice they want something or trying to get
something.

I can see through acts of genuine kindness or the sly or not so sly ones
who want something in return.

But anyway, it's a really nice feeling.

People arn't nice to me often so when someone actually does something
nice for me, I will return it back to them tenfold. (Does that make
sense?) Well what I mean is, if you are nice to me I will be even NICER
to you. Ten times nicer.

As time passes, we will be great friends!

That's how I usually make friends. It's usually through me asking them
for something or them offering me their assistance and help or them
asking for help.

Like another example!

It was on a January afternoon afterschool. I saw a boy playing with his
sidekick while waiting for his ride. I was feeling giddy at the time so
I decided to hop over and ask to see his sidekick.

"Can I see your sidekick?"
*looks up* "Sure."
"COOL! Thanks!" *plays on sidekick*

Then his ride came and I didn't get to log off myspace. So I gave it
back to him and yelled out to him, telling him to not look through my
stuff on myspace and logout.

A few days later. He added me on myspace. Then we became friends. He
asked if I had AIM because talking on myspace took too long and he said
how he doesn't understand why I like talking on myspace more than AIM.
And we talked on AIM for the first time on 1.11.08. Wow, what a freak. I
actually remembered that.

WELLNOTRLYCUZ I GOT IT OFF OF THE CHATLOGGER. SO HA! I'M NOT A CREEPY
OBSESSED FREAK! (I just gots a thang for dates.)

Anyway, his name was Alex and now he's my lovely boyfriend! o(^__^)o
*hughug*

It's weird though, I never spontaneously ask someone for something. It's
usually asking for help of some kind. Strange. IS IT DESTINY?!?!?!
ROFLFLYINGCOPTERLOLZ! You never know.... Any way it's good! I am
developing mighty great social skills! *happy*

I wonder if that's how all people meet people or make friends? I am not
sure. But that's how I notice myself making friends. Intriguing,
really.

Now for making more random friends spontaneously on the spot.

I am still a bit shy but I'm cracking open that shell with great success
these days!

Have a great day everyone!

~DT

0 comments: