Sunday, June 21, 2009

Cat Soup,

( ねこぢる草)

I thought this movie was quite trippy.
Some argue whether this movie had any meaning to it or not.
And that people can interpret it however they see it.

I believe I saw some symbolism in this movie.

*SPOILER ALERT*
In the movie, it seemed as though it was so easy to just create and destroy life.
The ending was somewhat kind of confusing to me. But I THINK I got it after awhile.
In the end the whole family except the little boy disappeared, as if they were part of a movie, or the tv. They flicked off, like how a tv would switch off.
And since, all of the events that occured were impossible in real life.
The cats and the whole story represented a whole illusion, just like how movies are.
Life is never like the movies.

I think it's also somewhat a satire to the creation of the world and God (a higher being).

But yeah, that's just me. It can be interpreted more differently.

I never thought I was able to interpret movies or anything.
I always thought of things as exactly what they were.
I never looked for the deeper meaning behind things.

But my friend who recommended this movie to me, told me it was a symbolic movie.
So I guess, I looked for it and I found what it meant to me.

This was a pretty good movie. Unexpectedly gory also.
I love the animation and art style.
Also how the cats didn't speak.
Everyone in the whole movie squeaked or made little noise.
I like how there was no dialogue in this whole movie.
Except for the occasional word bubbles.

Great movie.

~DT

0 comments: