Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Journalism + Writing,

Well, yesterday I found out I was one of the peoples that Kamei chose to
be on the recommended list for next year's Journalism integrated English
CP4 class.

I went to the mandatory meeting today during tutorial.

Never in my life, did I ever think of going or being interested in
journalism. Consideration did not even cross my mind until I start
thinking about the workload. I wouldn't have much to worry about except
for article deadlines.

I'd have to say, the workload was a major pull factor for me.

I'd also like to add the mention of my name being in ink, on a newspaper
would stroke my ego quite well.
DID ANYONE SAY, EGO-BOOSTER.

I have to admit I am not very good of a writer. But I am really hoping
to improve and conquer.

I am more of a casual writer.
A very casual writer.
The mention of the title "writer" sounds, even too prestigious for me.

Blaaaah.

I'd love my opinions to be heard and read by everyone.
It'd be lovely.

This is completely different than writing essays and analyzing novels
and stories. A lot different than normal English class.

Confidence is what I has in myselfs, when it comes to forming definite
opinions about different subjects.

My goal would be to become ONE of the best writers in the staff. A
writer that a reader would look forward to, every coming newspaper.

SHUT UP AND STOP GIGGLING.
DON'T MAKE FUN OF MEEEEEEEEE AND MY GOALS. T^T

I really look up to Eric Karjala, when it comes to writing style &
opinions.
He's a freelance writer based in Berkeley, California (I believe), with
a very popular blog established since 1999.
He's hones an extremely sarcastic and witty type of style.
He hasn't posted anything for a whole year though.
Makes me so so sad. WHY SUCH A LONG HIATUS.

Check out his blog. ( www.ekarj.com )

Also, his page from Michigan University filled with snarky commentary on
internet websites in 1996.

( https://www.msu.edu/~karjalae/internet96.htm )

I was irlGiggling the whole time in class, while reading the damned
page. It's just TOO COMICAL AND WITTY. I CANNOT STAND IT.

I'm going to have to officially, proudly, and openly admit I am an ekarj
fan girl.

w00t w00t. Ra1s1ng d4 r00f.

O. I also like Stephen King's descriptive writing style.
He projects great mentally disturbing images into my ripe teenage mind.
I lurve it.

--

I think Alex is a great writer.
An exceptional one at that!
I think he should take the journalism/newspaper/english cp4.
Take the journalism/newspaper/english cp 4 class, Alex.
TAKE IT.

~DT

0 comments: