Monday, August 31, 2009

Newport Beach + Newport Bridge Jumping,

Steffi, Ngoc, Hannah, and I went to go boogie boarding.
The waves were fucking huge over at Newport. No joke.
The waves over at HB are pussy waves compared to this.
It was going good and everything until the biggest wave came and I
didn't dive deep enough into it and my arm bent the wrong way while I
tumbled and surrendered into it's violent embrace. And that wave isn't
as big as the ones they sometimes have.

After that wave I ran back to shore because my right arm aches.

Afterwards, we went over to the newport bridge to jump into the bay
where the yachts are anchored. There were other people that came around
the same time as we did also.

They were also hesitant of jumping but jumped in anyway.
Hannah and Ngoc jumped first. Then it was Steffi's and my turn. I was
being the baby and was extremely hesitant. I really didn't think I'd
jump. But Steffi was being very persistent and pressured me with her
countdown.

I jumped and screamed mid jump. It was an extreme rush of adrenaline.
The feeling of being in mid air for a couple seconds. My arms didn't
slap onto the surface this time.

Then we went back up for a second time. But this time Steffi was too
pusssay to jump even though she jumped a year ago. Hannah was the first
to jump and then Ngoc and I jumped at the same time. Hahaha, even
though I already jumped the first time I was still hesitant and scared.
But the support of everyone and everything ushered me to jump. This time
instead of screaming mid jump, I yelled out "HOLY FUCK". It's always
weird, yelling in mid air instead of when you're jumping right off the
bat.

The risk of jumping and getting fined $200 is also why people jump, I
think. The rush that you're doing something illegal. Hardiharhar.

All in all, it was fun. Although the water was really bad. Ugh. But
that's okay. It was a great experience. Bragging rights here I come.
W00000t..

~DT

0 comments: