Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Kayaking + Bridge Jumping,

Today, I went kayaking with ngoc.

It required lots of arm muscles. I remember the first time I went
kayaking. I was in 7th grade and it was with girl scouts, the girl I was
partnered up with frigging flipped the kayak over. Making me all wet
and grose.

Anyways,

In the beginning, I made Ngoc do all the work because I wanted to be a
total bish. BWAHAHAHAHA.

"WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE? GEORGE WASHINGTON??" "YES, ONWARDS MY
COMRADES!!!"
"COMRADES IS A MUTUAL TERM. YOU'RE SUPPOSE TO BE ROWING TOO IF YOU WERE
A COMRADE TOO?"
"OH.. WELL THEN ONWARDS MY SLAVE!!!!!!"

And then we went along until we saw the bridge in around Trinidad
Island. We parked the kayak. Lolparked near the park playing area and it
took Ngoc forever to coax me out to jump off the bridge.

I got on the bridge and I just stayed at the edge for like a while. And
these other kids wanted to jump off the bridge too. It was fucking crazy
the little kid did a freaking back flip into the water. Sweeeet jesus.

Lol oh yeah. It's against the rules to jump off the bridge too. Tehheeh
so badass breaking the laws. Wheeee..

Anyways, it took me fucking forever to jump. I was extremely scared of
heights. And it was pretty high. But not super high. But high enough to
scare the shit out of me. But with some coaxing and persuasio n I finall
took the plunge into the water. It felt very.. Hrmm.. A lot of air a
kind of liberating feeling. And also the feeling that you have no where
else to go but down. It's a feeling where you are completely out of
control. I dunno. It was pretty cool.The rush into the water made my top
go up but I quickly fixed it under water. I jumped again. This time at
the same time as Ngoc. My upper arms kind of flopped onto the surface of
the water, because my arms were slightly bent in a 90 degree angle. It
stung for a bit but that's okay. The water was pretty deep. Deep enough
that you don't touch the bottom once you jump off.

Then we got back onto the kayaks.
The waters were extremely salty. Like super super salty.

We kayaked back pretty fast this time. Probably because I didn't take a
lot of rests and didn't make Ngoc do all of the work.

Ngoc wanted to go into the water so I let her go.
No way in the heck would I go into the water again.
It's cold and its salty and you don't know what these yachts illegally
dump into the waters. D: ewwieee. Waste. But whatever. Taking risks
mang. I paddled away and pretended to leave her behind. AHAHHAAHA it was
hilarious. Other people thought we needed help. It was very nice of them
to ask us. But yeah, we didn't need any help. Ngoc was just screaming
her ass off. HAHAHAHA.

I made her push the kayak as I paddled.
She decided to go back up on the kayak and the whole process scared me
shitless because I didn't want the kayak to flip over. We ended up
drifting backwards a couple yards.

We paddled back prettttty fast.

Cool experiences and memories were made today.
Thx Ngoc! You and your dangerous shenanigans.

~DT

0 comments: