Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Empathetic,

I am not outspokenly mature.
People who don't know me closely, will think that I am the most immature
kid they've ever met.
But inwardly I think I am quite mature for my age.

I was thinking about some things today.
Sometimes, I feel so selfish.
Wanting things all for myself and not sharing at all.

But I realized that I shouldn't be like that.
As hard as it is for me, I must always try to empathize and look at
things from all different points of view.

Sometimes, I wish I could just not do that.
Because I want to do whatever comes to mind without fully thinking about
it.
But that wouldn't be fair of me or to others at all.

I find that I really stand strongly by the phrase,
"Do to others what you would like to be done to you."

It gets frustrating some times though.
My feelings of selfishness really tug at me.
But, I must'nt fall to it.
It wouldn't be fair.
I wouldn't like the same be done to myself.


"The Ethic of Reciprocity"

Mmm...The Golden Rule.

Not many people follow it though.
I too fall guilt to times when I wish to just forget about it.

But it all really is for the best.
Empathizing and understanding is good for your soul.

I realized today, that I am really into "self-help" books.
I really do want to improve myself as a person.
In almost every aspect.

It's what makes me happy.

~DT

0 comments: