Sunday, August 9, 2009

Hard Summer,

Last night I went to Hard over at the Forum.

It was pretty fucking crazy.
We arrived there at around 6:30PM.
1.5 hours early from door opening.
It was already pretty crowded.
We were standing behind these group of raver pplz.
I complimented on this one girls kandi bag.

Then I started comparing and contrasting and contributing my special
little commentary at all the assets that the very "open" people showed
off.
One of the people in front of us was all like, "LOL YOU GUYS ARE SO
MEAN".
And started doing what we did, "OH LOOK AT HER, IT LOOKS LIKE COTTAGE
CHEESE. LOLOL"

So apparently we were waiting in the WILL CALL line for about 1 hour. We
were pissed because security waited till forever to freaking tell us.

So we all migrated toward the real line and cut billions of people.
They were confused so its all good.
Waited for prolly another hour or so, to finally get to the side where
they check your ticket and bags.

Mini mob started and people started climbing over walls.
Security pushed and grabbed people that they caught climbing over the
wall.
It was fucking crazy br00t4l.

Finally got inside.
Decided meeting spot just in case we got separated.
#28 but then changed to #19.

Finally got into the stadium like area.
Extremely crowded. So it was perfect timing to practice the art of
parkouring.
Jumped and climbed down the seats.
And jumped down the balcony railing thing onto the general floor.
I'm surprised that I was brave and rebellious enough to do all of that.
I'd usually reject the idea, but whatevers.
It was a spontaneously great idea anyway.

We got into the crowd and started merging.
Got into the middle. Extremely crowded.
Body heat everywhere. Extremely hot and sweaty.

Crystal Castles opened the show.
Crowd went fucking crazy.
Started slowly going towards the front.
Finally reached the fucking front.
My feet were stepped on a whole lot..
But I also had my share of stepping on people while I was jumping in
there.
I was bouncy as fuck.
I feel sorry for the people I step on.
Kinda not really.
That's what is expected once you get into the pit.

Crystal Castles put up a great performance.
I can't believe I managed to get all the way up to the front.
Anna (?!? vocals) was pretty. She was really enthusiastic.
Her performance and the crowds reaction to it kind of inspired me.
I'd love to perform on stage, entertaining a crowd that loved me.
The feeling would be absolutely euphoric.

It was hard, fighting to be in front.
There is a LOT of pushing.
You have to really stand your ground or else you'd be pushed towards the
back.
Also, best time to merge is when everyones "dancing".
It's not really dancing. More like flailing your arms up and down and
jumping.
I did a lot of that.
And it pissed me off when people just stand there.
What the fuck are you doing in there.
Seriously. Gtfo of other peoples ways before you get knocked down.

I realized that I am an extremely aggressive person in the pit. LOL GIT
OUTTA MAH WAY BETCHXXXXXX!!!!!!!

Oh and also, there was this fucking dumbass who pretended to pass out
and pretend to feel really sick to get free water and to the get to the
front. I was like "Um, if you don't feel okay. Get out of the pit." The
idiot didn't respond. And then Cherry started to guilt trip him. "Hey,
you can do that man. We were actually nice enough to let you up here and
give up our spot because we thought you were sick. But we know that
you're faking it. How could you do this?" Dumbass finally got the fuck
out.

Made acquaintances with the two girls that were up front with us also.
Christina & Sam incoming seniors from Segerstromg. They were tough
chicks. Being able to remain in the front for a very long while with all
of that pushing.

After the Crystal Castles performance everything pretty went down hill.
People were jumping off of the balconies and getting hurt. Dumbass
tweakers too stuck up in their own world to move when security and fire
marshalls told them to move.

Whole event was postponed for over 1.5 hours.
We decided to leave after that 1.5 hours and get water since we were
extremely dehydrated.

Met one of the people that we lost in the beginning of the line
migration under one of those shelter like encavement things where people
rest that were under the seating. "Clover". Talked and let us have some
water.
Became friends. Asked to trade "kandis" with me (since I had the most
kandi on my arm) ((which wasn't even that much compared to all these
other people))
Clover gave Thu and Ngoc one. Already gave Cherry one in the very
beginning where we were in line. Since she broke one of hers.

We all quickly became friends. Except, I was still suspicious.
It's hard not to be because I can't trust people right off the bat.
Especially really nice out of nowhere strangers.

Swat and police team came in because dumbass people ruined the whole
show and fire marshalls deemed it was unsafe because they were being
uncooperative and ugh. The whole show ended at around 11:30ish. Fucking
4-5 hours early. Only one band played (Crystal Castles). So many good
bands were missed that night. Good thing we get a refund. Police kicked
all of us out.

At first before all of that. Some dude said they were gonna tear gas the
place so then everyone started leaving. I was confused and I asked a
security guard if that was true. He said it wasn't. So it was all a
rumor. So we went back.

But then police came and then we had to turn around again and get out of
the place.

We were outside Clover and Sockpuppet(??iforgot) wanted to make sure we
were safe (since Clover had very bad experiences in the beginning;
didn't want us to have it bad either) and helped us go around and find
the right street to wait for Nghia.

They were extremely helpful and nice.

Clover thought I was a lesbian because he thought I was "checking out
the girls" while I was doing my harsh criticism compare and contrast on
them and about how ugly or hideous they were and that they blinded
people by showing off to much of their junk.

"Are you a lesbian?"
"LOL WTF NO. I HAVE A BOYFRIEND. DD:<"
"Because you were all checking out those girls in the beginning."
"NO. I JUST LIKE COMPARING AND CONTRASTING THEM."

LOLWTFSRSLY.

We all talked and conversed.
Learned a lot more about raves and etc.
It was coo'.

LOL one hilarious scene was when Sock Puppet offered us gum and I was
like,
"OMG GUYS. SHADY GUM FROM SHADY PEOPLE. LOLOLOL"
And he actually took it seriously. D:
I felt really bad. IT WAS ONLY A JOKE.

And after wandering around the big ass parking lots we finally found
90th street.

In the end friendship was made and some trust was earned.

It is always good to make and create connections.
This whole experience has made me a lot more confident.
And I discovered a whole 'nother side to me.
I always thought I was more of the passive pushover kind of character.
But this made me realize that I shouldn't be a pushover and should
"FIGHT, FOR MY RIGHT, TO PARTY." LOLJK.

But seriously, I had gained more confidence to stand up for myself.

+ points for me.

It was a great night.
Despite the whole disorganization of the whole show.
The whole experience was a great one.

More pictures later.

(Picture : First kandi; it's funny, a heineken star ma bob lulz)

~DT

0 comments: