Friday, June 26, 2009

Conforming & Non-Comforming,

I just realized as I was thinking about my previous post about Michael
Jackson and what my sister said about me.

Back when I was in school, I never really fit in.
Especially in public school.
Everyone was always picking on me.
(In private school, you don't really have to fit in because you already
automatically do, with all of the uniform and rules and everything. But
that's just physical aesthetic-wise.)

I was a real pushover.
Going along with all of the teases and such.

I never had the same interests as the majority.
They definitely had different taste of music than me.
They listened to crap music. Haahahahahaha.

Well anyways,
I remember I was trying so hard to fit into the new school.
I was an elementary school kid, 4th grade to be exact.
I wanted the same kind of clothes, that was "IN" at the time.
I still never fit in even after that.

Then when it came to middle school.
I was ironically conforming to the "non-conformists" regime.
With the whole poser/gothic/punk style.
It stopped in 8th grade when I started listening to asian music
(kpop/jrock/jpop).

Then came high school, I was still in my little (iwannabeohsojapanesey
phase) when I was still a freshman. It lasted about till almost a bit of
the first half of my sophomore year.

And then I just became open to everything starting my junior year. I met
new people, got into new things, etc.

Now I am here. I am now enlightened to of all of this
"conforming/non-conforming" bullshit.

To truly be free, from it all.
One just has to do freely, WHATEVER THE FUCK THEY WANT.
As long as you're doing the things for the sake of YOURSELF and not for
the sake of how you want people to see YOU as.

Do whatever you want.
Like whatever you want.
Be whatever you want.

And disregard everyone else's opinion.

You have 1 life.

Why should you spend and waste all of your time trying to impress
others?

I have finally come to realize this recently.

~DT

0 comments: